a sweet treat – honey wedding favors – UPDATED

Honey Wedding Favors

Hey there! Sorry for the lack of posts but the month of March has flown by! Partly because of work and partly because I was helping one of my best friends with her wedding.

I’m so excited to share the honey wedding favors I put together for her. We had a girls night sleepover shortly after she started planning the wedding. Lots of wine and Pinterest time led to deciding on honey wedding favors. Orange blossom honey to be exact. All to pull together a loosely themed orange wedding. I love the way they came out and most importantly, the bride and groom loved them too.

Honey_Wedding_Favors_1

Honey_Wedding_Favors_2In case you want to recreate these, I used the following supplies. I’ll be more than happy to share exact websites if you are interested:

• 2 ounce jars with lids
  • orange blossom honey purchased in bulk
  • white and kraft paper for the personalized tags
  • orange and white twine
  • 2.5″ by 2.5″muslin squares
  • 4″ wooden honey dipper sticks

Filling the jars was much less time consuming than I expected. It was substantially cheaper to buy the jars and honey separate. Tip if you decide to do these, keep baby wipes handy to clean up spills as you go. (PS – the next three photos are iPhone photos since I expected to make a huge mess).

Honey_Wedding_Favors_3

All the supplies together ready for assembly. This was time consuming especially since I went with the cardstock backed tags, attaching the wooden sticks, and the muslin on the tops. I don’t regret it at all because they came out just like we had imagined them.
Honey_Wedding_Favors_4

Here is my assembly station on the coffee table in our family room. I watched old seasons of How I Met Your Mother on Netflix while I worked. Perfect distraction and way to make the assembly go faster. Coincidentally, I was watching the season that Marshall and Lily get married while doing this. Honey_Wedding_Favors_5

And here are the finished honey wedding favors again.

Honey_Wedding_Favors_2

What do you think? Did you do favors for your wedding? We did super involved ones for our own wedding so of course I always get suckered in to help with favors for others ;)

*****

Just updating this post because it has been a hit with people asking for vendors. I’m been a bad blogger lately so I’m sorry if I missed your comment. Here are the companies I used to buy the materials:

The bottles: http://www.specialtybottle.com/hexagonglassjar2oz55mlwgoldlid.aspx - We used the 2oz hexagon jars.

The wooden dippers: http://www.craftparts.com/honey-dippers-wood-scoops-c-441.html or http://www.save-on-crafts.com/honeydippers.html - We used the 4″ dippers and they were the perfect fit for the jars.

The honey: The bride wanted Florida Orange Blossom so we searched for that and ended up purchasing through Amazon in 5lbs tubs. If you are not particular to the honey type, if I remember correctly WebRestaurant (through Amazon) and  http://honey.glorybee.com/shop/Honey-Pails/ had some of the best prices.

signature

you might also like:

Comments

1. Christina says

These are so cute. I’m having my sister a baby shower and the theme is Baby Winnie The Pooh and I’ve been looking everywhere for the jars and wooden dippers. This would be perfect. Where did you find the materials you used?

2. Sonia says

I absolutely LOVE these, they look fantastic and I love the idea of making my own wedding favours. Could you please please please let me know what suppliers you used?

3. April says

I love these cute favors! Could you tell me where you got the supplies for everything? I really want to do this for my upcoming wedding!

4. Emily says

I would also love to know your supply sources. I am in the early stages of planning a subtly bee themed wedding.

5. Marissa says

Hey there! I would love to find out where you got the supplies as well. Thanks so much for posting this! So cute :)

6. ivory says

Love this! thanks for sharing! Can you tell me where I can get those empty jars and dipper sticks??
    Thanks!

7. Robin says

This is great! i am doing the same for my wedding and debating on purchasing the already finished product or making them ourselves…could you send me the information as to where you got the bulk honey and how much you needed? We have about 150 people. Thanks a ton!

8. Courtney Thomas says

I love this idea! I would love to know where you purchased your supplies and about how much you paid for everything. Thank you!!

9. Mila says

Would you mind sharing where you get the supplies from to me as well? I love love these ideas! Thanks for sharing them!!!

10. Christiana says

such a cute and beautiful idea. i’m having a garden themed wedding and was looking into this. can you please let me know where you bought the supplies and how much they all cost each? Thanks!

11. Pamela says

Hi! Do you mind sharing the sites where you purchased all the materials (Jars, honey stick)? I would love to do this for my wedding.

12. Andrea says

I noticed your post on your honey wedding favours, what an amazing idea!. Can you please let me know where you purchased the items. bottles, stir sticks, ect. I would love to do that for my wedding. Also where did you purchase the bulk honey?. How long before your wedding did you create them?, was thinking of them carmalizing. I would be doing it for about 100 people., and the cost involved.

13. Dee says

Great idea! Just wondering — Is there anything special (canning wise) we need to do after we manually close the lid on the jars to preserve it? It might be a stupid question as honey lasts a good while. Thanks in advance for any input!

• says

Hi Dee. Sorry for the delay! I’ve been on a bit of a break. I didn’t do anything special since I honestly made these the week before the wedding. I know that honey can crystalize a bit so I waited until the very end. Good luck and share any photos if you do it!

14. Jacy says

Hi! I was wondering where you found the 2.5 inch muslin squares? Thanks for all of the other websites, I am using those vendors, that was helpful!! Just am having trouble finding those squares. Thanks!

15. says

Hmm it looks like your site ate my first comment
    (it was extremely long) so I guess I’ll just sum it up what I submitted and
    say, I’m thoroughly enjoying your blog. I as well am an aspiring
    blog blogger but I’m still new to everything.
    Do you have any suggestions for first-time blog writers? I’d genuinely appreciate
    it.

my site; wedding favors

16. says

I love your blog.. very nice colors & theme. Did you design this website yourself
    or did you hire someone to do it for you? Plz respond as I’m looking to create my own blog and would like to know where u got this
    from.cheers