guestroom, er, photography studio

Did you know guestrooms make good photography studios? Neither did I, until I came home to this.
Men. The hubby decided to take over our guestroom, which normally looks more like the picture below to take photos of his artwork in there. Multi-tasking room, I guess. I just hope no one was planning to stay with us anytime soon!
I have a few projects I am working on for this room including a mirror for our guests to use, refinishing a bookcase that can’t be seen in the photo and finishing up the closet. I guess those are on hold until I get the room back from the hubby. Do the men in your life ever “decorate” when you are not home?
Thanks for following Directions Not Included!

you might also like:

Comments

1. says

Hi there! You know, my husband tends to move things for some reason or another and then never puts them back where they go. I think that’s pretty normal! Great blog!

2. says

No. Never. But what he does do…is take all my little piles of papers and stuff and merge it into one neat pile. I had the piles divided into categories of some sort. My messy self needs a neat-nick man like him though.

3. says

Lol! Typical! I usually come home to some new piece of technology plugged in with blinking lights and miles of cables attached to it strewn across the bedroom/living room/ kitchen floor. I don’t even know what half of it does! I get a mini anxiety attack everytime something beeps at me!

4. Tanya Anurag says

Hahhahaaa… I love that question! Though the ‘man’ in my life doesn’t always come in my way of decorating the house (probably coz I warn him time and again that it is my business), my dad is always the one who ‘helps’ out mom with decorations. It’s only 1 out of 10 times that his set ups are approved, for all the other times…. well do I need to say any further :D

I am hosting my first link-up party – Tea Time Thursdays @ Kreative Korner. Would be glad to see some of your awesome posts there. Hope to see you at the party.

5. says

FH loves to “decorate” his decorating includes taking all the pillows from our rec room and rearranging them in piles. Mainly on the floor. Maybe also some shoes, thankfully none of my good shoes. Why does he do this? So that he can make mountains to climb with his RC Car. I promise you I am not a pedophile, he is a fully grown 6’4″ professional telecomm installer. He even has a tiny RC Car that he takes to hotels to climb things….

6. says

Too funny. My husband surprised me recently by starting renovations on our mudroom. That was a good surprise.
    But now he’s threatening to adopt one of our guest rooms and turn it into his “wizard room” aka video gaming room. That would be a bad surprise :(